Services and Amenities
– 24/7 fire and police protection that includes advanced life support paramedic response.
– An extensive system of 35-parks that encompass more than 530-acres. Parks and recreation offerings include everything from organized sports to jogging/walking trails and a playscape to a boat launch ramp, a concert bandshell with summer concert series, summer Tot Lot programs, swimming pool, and a lighted floating fountain.
– A nearly half-mile long river walk along the south bank of the River Raisin.
– The 70,000-square foot city-owned Monroe Multi Sports Complex consists of two-ice rinks, a pro shop, with meeting rooms and trade show floor space. The Complex offers a full range of programs that include: hockey leagues, public skating, figure skating, skating/hockey lessons, and trade shows.
– A regional water utility that provides drinking water to not only City of Monroe residents, but also to those living in all of or parts of five-townships, and the Villages of Dundee and Maybee.
– A regional provider of wastewater treatment to all or parts of two-townships and the City of Monroe.
– Monroe Custer Airport, which has a 5,000-foot lighted runway, visual-aided landing system, and an automated weather reporting station that sends information to the National Weather Service.
– Home to National Register of Historic Places War of 1812 River Raisin National Battlefield.
– Michigan’s third oldest community and includes the Eagle Island Marsh of the Detroit River International Wildlife Refuge and Sterling State Park on Lake Erie.